We are always interested in hearing from enthusiastic and committed individuals with relevant skills and experience who may be seeking new challenges and a career within a growing, quality organisation.
Please email us your CV and Cover Letter to us and should a suitable opportunity become available, we will contact you directly.
See Current Vacancies Below
Title: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Group: Building Services
Reports: Commercial Manager
We are currently recruiting a Junior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis with excellent career progression opportunities. The Junior Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the Commercial Manager managing all costs relating to building & engineering projects, from initial calculations to final figures. They seek to minimise the costs of a projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- You will work closely with the Commercial Manager on a number of high value projects
- You will support the Commercial Manager in all phases of the project including cost management, contractor performance assessment, and procurement
- You will be responsible for liaising with clients from initial enquires through to final accounts, cost control and management of projects.
- Production of Cost Estimates
- Preparation of tender documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying or construction economics
- 1-2 years’ experience is preferable but not essential
- Highly motivated and ability to manage own work
- Ability to work well with a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel & Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Description: Technician / Pipe Fitter
We require an experienced Technician / Pipe fitter for Commercial construction projects.
- Fixed Term Contract
- Responsible for assisting the management team / lead technician in completing all projects
- Policy adherence
- Documentation control
- Project administration
- Installation of pipe work, fittings & components
- Health & Safety compliance
- Effectively prioritise areas of work
- Support to the Sales, Estimating & operation staff
- Aware of corporate objectives
- Communicate well at all levels
- Keep up to date with all current legislations and proposed changes to regulations
- HRM legislation & requirements
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Excellent communication skills
Attractive salary & benefits package available to successful candidate.
Please apply by emailing your CV & a cover letter to email@example.com
CapCon Engineering is an equal opportunities employer